"I'm Victor Kaisar, with the River News."
Victor was born in the city of Margao in Goa, India but he's actually from the coastal village of Colva, Goa.
That said, he grew up in the massive metropolis that is Calcutta, India on the east coast of India, where he lived right until I turned 19.
Following that, it was off to London - the one in Canada - for school, at Fanshawe College for diplomas in both radio and TV journalism.
In February 2014, Victor embarked on his greatest adventure when he drove the Trans Canada Highway to Lloydminster for an internship at Newcap TV and then he kept moving west.
Lo and behold, Athabasca!
When he's not on the radio, or reporting on local news, Victor is usually sleeping or watching soccer. He’s a proud ambivert, but don't let that stop you from connecting with him.
Some pointless facts about Victor:
- I went to an all boys, Catholic school in India. Somehow, I was made school captain, and it was a ton of fun.
- Football is the best sport ever. You might (sadly) know it as soccer. Hockey is a close second.
- In the summer, you'll see me refereeing community football (soccer) games, because of course I would!
- I'm a big fan of TV shows (comedy or drama) and movies.
- On my playlist, you'll find too many artists to name, but I'll try nonetheless - Green Day, Coldplay, Linkin Park, the Arkells, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Tragically Hip, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Queen and more.
- I love reading. But I take forever to read a book. I don't know why though (hint: the internet is a great distraction)
- Back to the Future is one of the greatest trilogies ever. It remains the only movie I have watched in theatres while in costume.
- The Joker is my favourite comic book character.
- I speak three languages - English, (terrible) Hindi and (atrocious) Bengali. I'm hoping to add German and French to that list over the next few years.
- I'm always down for a beer. If you see me on the streets, say hi!
- I proudly use a BlackBerry device, and will continue to do so.
- My sports allegiances: Manchester United, Anaheim Ducks, Portland Trailblazers and the Toronto Blue Jays.
If you like to get to know Victor - or if you have a story idea and/or a concern or suggestion, you can contact him at:
Phone: (780) 689-1148
Or tweet me @supermario_47